HBO is taking security very seriously on the set of its new 'Harry Potter' series.

After Paapa Essiedu shared that he has faced death threats since being cast as Severus Snape, HBO CEO Casey Bloys confirmed that the network is taking major precautions to protect the show's stars. Bloys told Variety that while passionate fans often have strong opinions about major franchises, things can occasionally become scary. He explained that the network anticipated this kind of reaction and prepared the cast with training on best practices for social media. He also noted that they have a serious security team in place and are being as careful as possible.

Image Courtesy: Entertainment Weekly

Essiedu, who is taking over the iconic role of the Potions professor, recently revealed that online trolls have been sending him disturbing messages. He told The Times that people have told him to quit or be killed, and that he frequently sees messages on Instagram from people threatening to come to his house. He expressed hope that he would be okay, but emphasised that no one should have to deal with such threats just for doing their job.

Also Read: https://indigomusic.com/pop-cultures/whats-up-pop-news/ryan-gosling-reveals-tom-cruise-stopped-by-his-star-wars-set-on-the-one-day-he-was-off-11258218

'Harry Potter' Series First Look

Despite the behind-the-scenes tension, HBO also gave fans a reason to celebrate on Tuesday by releasing the first official look at the series. The image, which quickly went viral on Instagram, shows Harry (played by Dominic McLaughlin) wearing his Gryffindor cloak as he walks toward the Quidditch pitch with Hogwarts in the background.

The series is currently in production and is expected to be released in 2027. Bloys mentioned that he is thrilled with the footage he has seen so far. He noted that the show is a great business opportunity because parents who grew up with the books now want to share the magic with their own children. From a creative standpoint, he is excited that the television format allows the story to breathe, giving the creators more time to explore the characters and the wizarding world than a two-hour movie would allow.

Along with Essiedu and McLaughlin, the new cast features John Lithgow as Albus Dumbledore, Arabella Stanton as Hermione Granger, and Alastair Stout as Ron Weasley.

Also Read: https://indigomusic.com/pop-cultures/whats-up-pop-news/rebecca-ferguson-teases-surprise-return-to-her-fan-favorite-netflix-crime-thriller-11259116