On International Men’s Day, we’ve decided to spice things up and celebrate the men in music that’ve created quite the buzz this year. These handsome fellows have not only gone on to dominate charts and rake in history-making records, but some of them have also resurfaced on the scene after many years on silence.
So, here’s to all these dapper men, who’ve steadily made their way into our hearts with their stunning work, drool-worthy visuals and charm!
Photo Credits: Artists’ Official Instagram
1. Kicking things off with these gorgeous boys, BTS left an impressive dent on the global music stage this year with the release of their debut all-English track, ‘Dynamite’. And from here on out, there’s nowhere left to go but up!
2. With the release of “Fine Line” this year, Harry Styles left behind a trail of gems that will continue to be sung by generations to come.
3. There’s nothing holding this Canadian treasure back from dazzling fans with his new era in music. “Wonder” arrives on December 4th, folks, don’t forget!
4. Speaking of a new era in music, Sam Smith left fans swooning with their latest album, “Love Goes” which proves to be a poignant, introspective heartbreak record and certainly one for the books.
5. Technically speaking, the Jonas Brothers did resurface on the scene in 2019 but this year would have been a lot more dull without all their groovy new bangers that’ve kept us company through every single rough patch.
6. Jason Derulo earned his very first No. 1 claim on the Billboard Hot 100 charts this year with his syrupy sweet track, ‘Savage Love’ and since then the Derulo fever is yet to die down.
7. This year saw Maluma skyrocket to fame with his groovy, sultry number, ‘Hawai’ which allowed him to not only dominate charts but also to score multiple nominations across some of the most prestigious award ceremonies.
8. Justin Bieber has emerged through everything that life threw at him, like a phoenix. He opened up about his struggles in the industry and his personal life in his latest album, ‘Changes’ leaving fans (old and new) rather tender-hearted.
9. Lewis Capaldi and love songs go hand in hand and boy has this star created quite the buzz this year.
10. And finally, rounding of this list of starry men, with only a decade in the industry, The Weeknd, returned with new vigour this year. He brought home, ‘After Hours’ that saw a new side to the starboy, one that demanded attention and patience.