We’re only halfway through 2020, but for BTS, every day is a day to break another record. From album sales to chart topping hits, the group’s achievements know no bounds. With a
roster of boundary breaking pop hits and the support of their ARMY, their success is guaranteed.
Earlier today, Twitter exploded in defense of BTS amid the
Melanie Fontana fiasco. Well, this rundown of the groups’ biggest records leaves no room for doubt.
Take a look at some of the stellar records set by BTS; pay close attention, it gets hard to keep a track of.
Photo Credits: BTS’
1. Their studio album, “Map of the Soul: 7”, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, making it their 4th consecutive album to do so and them the only Korean act to achieve this feat.
2. In a clean sweep, BTS have officially become the group with the most No. 1s in iTunes history. Their song ‘Black Swan’ has reached No. 1 in 104 countries, and counting.
3. BTS are the only group in history in which every member has achieved a solo No. 1 on the iTunes charts.
4. BTS’ single ‘Stay Gold’ scored No. 1 on the Billboard Digital Songs Sales Chart, earning them their 20th #1 on the chart, making them the artists with the most #1s in chart history.
5. BTS wears the crown for the biggest Spotify debut. Their song ‘Your Eyes Tell’ earned 876,000 streams within the first few hours of release, with no tracking or playlisting.
6. BTS has the best selling album of 2020, so far. Their album “Map of the Soul: 7” has sold over 4 million units and counting, beating out The Weeknd’s “After Hours”.
7. BTS’ V has officially become the solo artist with the most No. 1s in iTunes history, setting a new record for the group, while also surpassing his own group’s feat.
8. BTS have broken a 36 year long record held by Michael Jackson. With “Map of the Soul: 7”, they became the only international artists to top the Japanese Oricon Music Chart.
9. Their unbeatable presence on social media only continues to extend. They currently hold the Billboard Top Social artist for a record 186 weeks, equivalent to three years.
10. With their single ‘ON’ debuting in the Billboard Hot 100, they have officially become the Korean act with the most Billboard Hot 100 entries.
By: Ahalya Narayanan