The youngest member of BTS, Jeon Jungkook joined BTS way back in 2011. While he received casting offers from seven different entertainment companies, he chose to become a trainee under Big Hit Entertainment after seeing RM (Kim Namjoon, the current leader of the band), perform. And that was the start of an absolutely breathtaking journey for this young star. And so, on his birthday, we figured we’d let you know Jeon Jungkook just a tad bit more intimately.
So, buckle up and brace yourselves to learn a little more about this star, from his wacky quirks to hobbies outside music, this man is an absolute phenomenon.
Photo Credits: BTS
Official Instagram STUNNIN’ BOY!
1. Interestingly enough, Jungkook initially considered several stage names like “Tattoo” and “Ian” before making his debut. But none of them really stuck, so he just settled with his own name, which is just as lovely, might we add.
2. He’s a huge fan of anime and standing tall on his steadily growing list of favourites are: “Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day,” “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time,” “Spirited Away,” “5 Centimeters per Second” and more.
3. And while we’re on the topic, Jungkook’s also cited “Love Rosie” as one of his favorite films. In the past, he’s even mentioned that he’s a huge fan of Rachel McAdams.
4. Jungkook has released his own travel video series, titled G.C.F. (Golden Closet Films). The videos in the series were filmed while the boys were either on tour, on a photoshoot or just a vacation. The star also does all his shooting and editing himself.
5. This little one has often cited Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber and Usher among his many musical inspirations.
6. In his time off, Jungkook also puts out covers. So far, he’s attempted Charlie Puth’s ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’, Tori Kelly’s ‘Paper Hearts’, Adam Levine’s ‘Lost Stars’, Justin Bieber’s ‘Purpose’ and many more.
7. Jungkook left for the US to begin dance training while preparing for BTS’ debut. He seriously considered becoming a professional dancer after returning to Korea. But Jimin persuaded him to come back to the team.
8. He’s a die-hard fan of the seasoned South Korean musician IU and hopes to collaborate with her sometime in the future.
9. BTS won the Order of Cultural Merit in 2018 for the band’s contributions to the growth of K-pop, becoming the first K-pop band to be given the top honor for artists. Jungkook, became the youngest-ever recipient of the award.
10. Jungkook holds a strong belief in this comment on his artistry, “It would be better to die than to live without passion.”
And that’s a wrap! Now you know the golden maknae, Jeon Jungkook, just a little more intimately. So, happy birthday to this young star, we can’t wait to see him blossom even more, in the future.
By: Aatira Kakroo