American rapper and production heavyweight, Kanye West, just
bid farewell to his 2020 Presidential Run. And, with that, came an end to an era of sparking conversation, up-in-the-air statements and a whole lot of intrigue.
But, West did say that he’s
running for President in 2024. So, as we wait for that campaign run to come along, here are some other shocking things that he’s said in the same vein. One thing’s for sure: Kanye West isn’t hiding what he feels.
1. Throughout the years, a quote by him has evolved. And it finally reads “I am Shakespeare in the flesh.” Photo Credit: Roy Rochlin/Getty Images
2. He’s made it clear that no one loves Kanye, like Kanye loves Kanye. Here’s the proof: “There’s only one Steve Jobs, and now there’s only one Kanye West and I’m just like Steve”. Photo Credit: Timothy Norris/Getty Images for Coachella
3. Kanye took the term “G.O.A.T” to a whole new level when he said: “I just told you who I think I am. A god. That’s who I am.” Photo Credit: PATRICK KOVARIK/AFP via Getty Images
4. Kanye once said: “I am the number one most impactful artist of our generation.” Well, point taken, Sir. Photo Credit: Scott Dudelson/FilmMagic
5. Kanye West isn’t afraid of bold claims. Especially when he says things like: “I have decided, in 2020, I will run for President”. Well, it’s 2020, and we’re still waiting. Photo Credit: Oliver Contreras – Pool/Getty Images
6. The rapper has his biology down to a T, or not quite. He once said: “Your egg, my semen, we change the world”. Photo Credit: Brad Barket/Getty Images for Fast Company
7. Kanye has been enjoying Christianity lately, and part of that means retelling Biblical tales. Here’s what he had to say about Adam and Eve: “Eve made Adam eat an apple, and then it became illegal to be naked”. Photo Credit: Jerritt Clark/Getty Images
8. The rapper once professed: “I have ideas that can make the human race better”. Well, now would be a good time for those ideas, Kanye. Photo Credit: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
9. Kanye stands pretty clear on his place in the world: “It’s about whatever I want to make it about. This is my world.” Photo Credit: Ron Sachs/Consolidated News Pictures/Getty Images
10. This one takes the cake. “Have you ever thought you were in love with someone but realised you were just staring in a mirror for 20 minutes”. Where do you get your self-love from Kanye? Photo Credit: Jeff Kravitz/MTV1415/FilmMagic
By: Aatira Kakroo