In the past few days, we have all been witness to a massive wave. Turns out, it’s the wave of success mega group BLACKPINK have been riding. The K-Pop girl group
released their single ‘How You Like That’, and subsequently broke the internet, Guinness World Records and more.
BLACKPINK are undeniably one of the biggest group acts in pop music today. And as we see all their successes unfold, here’s a look at some stellar records the 4-member group have set and broken in their 4 year long career.
Photo Credit: All photos from
Blackpink’s Official Instagram
1. BLACKPINK hold the record for the most viewed video in 24 hours in YouTube history. ‘How You Like That’ raked in 86.3 million views in 24 hours.
2. Their collaboration with Lady Gaga, ‘Sour Candy’, ranked No. 33 on the Billboard Hot 100. This made them the highest charting Korean girl group in the chart’s history.
3. BLACKPINK are the only K-Pop act to have headlined a stage at the famous music festival – Coachella.
4. The four member group amassed over 9 million followers on Spotify in 2019, surpassing Fifth Harmony. They now stand as the most followed girl group on the streaming service.
5. They’ve also entered the Guinness Book of Records for having the “most viewed music video in 24 hours”, with their latest release ‘How You Like That’.
6. Their music video for ‘Ddu-Du-Ddu-Du’ hit 1 billion views earlier this year, making them the first Korean act to do so, and the song, the first Korean track to do so.
7. Their live premiere of ‘How You Like That’ is officially the most viewed live in YouTube history, recording a live audience of 1.66 million viewers at the time of premiere.
8. Their track ‘Kill This Love’ hit No. 3 on iTunes at the time of release, making them the first ever K-Pop girl group to enter the Top 5.
9. In 2019, BLACKPINK were named the most influential Korean Celebrities by Forbes magazine.
10. BLACKPINK also currently hold the Guinness World Record for “the most viewed music video by a Korean act in 24 hours”, surpassing fellow super group, BTS.
By: Aatira Kakroo