If you haven’t heard of
Maluma, then where have you been? The Colombian singer, songwriter and also a fashion icon has taken over the music industry within just a couple of years. With a very seductive yet soulful voice, he’s a heartthrob for almost every girl out there. So, how could he miss our attention? Well, here are the ten things you should know about Juan Luis Londoño Arias or popularly known as Maluma.
( Photos by
Maluma’s Official Instagram )
1. At the age of 16, he chose to do music instead of pursuing a soccer career. In 2012, he released his debut album, “Magia” after Sony Music Colombia signed him.
2. He picked his stage name as a tribute to his family, the first two letters of his parents and sister’s names, spell Maluma.
3. Throughout his music career, he’s collaborated with some big names like Shakira, Ricky Martin, Mark Antony, Madonna and more.
4. Wondering who Maluma wants to collaborate with next? It’s none other than Justin Timberlake. We are already imagining the records they’ll break.
5. Maluma has a crazy social media following, currently he’s crossed 51.6 million followers which means that he is very close to reaching NASA’s following.
6. He was one of the judges on the Colombian version of the show ‘The Voice’ for two seasons and those who watched the show couldn’t help but love his fun personality .
7. He’s earned a Latin Grammy Award, two Latin American Music Awards, and been nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album.
8. As far as his hobbies go, he loves to ride horses and even owns a few at his native, Colombia. We know you’re picturing him on a horse, go on, we are not judging.
9. The track ‘Chantaje’ not only become a smashing hit, it also gained 2.6B views on YouTube. Shakira and Maluma achieved the record of crossing 100M views in just 19 days.
10. Maluma has also decided to move into acting, he’s going to star with Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson and more in a Rom Com called Marry Me.