Lisa is the
lead dancer and staple rapper of the South Korean global superstars, BLACKPINK. The group recently released their debut studio album, “BLACKPINK: The Album”. And, while fans were elated by the project, many were especially captivated by Lisa’s ability to make every song her own.
And, today is about celebrating Lisa. So, here at 10 things you need to know about the star if you’re on your way to BLACKPINK obsession.
Photo Credits: Lisa’s Official Instagram
Who is Lisa?
1. Lisa is the only Thai member of BLACKPINK. The star auditioned for YG entertainment at the age of 14 and made it through to their trainee program.
2. Lisa’s original name was Pranpriya Manobal. However, she later legally changed it to Lalisa Manoban. Now, she’s more commmonly known as Lisa.
3. In addition, Lalisa apparently means “the one who’s praised”. What a happy coincidence, huh?
4. Unsurprisingly, she was the only Thai origin auditionee to have been accepted at the YG auditions in Thailand that year.
5. She and fellow K-Pop group, GOT7’s, ‘BamBam’ are close friends as they used to be a part of the same dance crew as children. He too, is Thai.
6. Further, her multiculturalism runs far and wide. Lisa can speak four languages – Thai, Chinese, Korean and English.
7. And, it extends to cuisine too. The performer’s favourite food of all time is French fries.
8. Most recently, Lisa admitted that her celebrity crush is South Korean actor, Gong Yoo. The star has watched his famous show, ‘Goblin: The Great Guardian’ many times and wishes to meet him.
9. And, as if she couldn’t get any cooler, being a talented rapper, dancer and performer, the star also knows how to play the ukulele.
10. Her trainee process ran for a long 5 years and 3 months before she finally debuted with the group in 2016.
By: Aatira Kakroo