It’s Bob Marley’s birth anniversary today and what better way to celebrate the motivational, inspirational king than with a reminder of some of his most inspirational lyrics and quotes! So, go on, read through and stay inspired for the rest of time.
1. “Don’t worry about a thing//’Cause every little thing gonna be alright”
These simple lines from the singer’s smash hit “Don’t Worry About a Thing” are reassuring, warm and comforting. And honestly, we know by now, that they’re also true. So, don’t worry about anything, peeps. Just carry on and let things get better!
2. “The truth is, everyone’s going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
Well, you didn’t have to get so real, Bob! Reggae’s favourite man just loved hitting us with the truth left and right, but hey, we’re better for it.
3. “Don’t let them change you // or even rearrange you”
These motivational lyrics from his 1980 track “Could you be Loved” are all we need to remember – the best person to be is yourself. Also, at this point, if Bob Marley tells you to do something, you just do it.
4. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver and gold.”
Big facts, if we may say so ourselves. Though these wise words never made it to a song, they resonate with each and everyone of us to date.
5. “I love the night because at night, all colours are the same and I ma equal to others.”
Marley was always very open about his politics and being a voice of the oppressed and ostracised. And these words make it clearer than anything that Marley encouraged equality above all else. We love a progressive musician in 2020!